Being the outermost layer of our body, our skin remains under constant attack from the irritants present in our surroundings. Skin problems are an inevitable part of our lives which mostly occur due to imbalances in its functions or due to other factors like allergies, infections or underlying health conditions. The modern lifestyle has also contributed greatly to the development of skin troubles among the youth. The pollution, dust and harmful sun rays are having disastrous effects on the skin. All these factors lead to premature skin aging which is a common problem among the youngsters these days.
Apart from this, poor eating and unhealthy lifestyle also invite many skin problems like acne, blackheads and skin pigmentation. Most of the skin problems can be managed effectively by taking help of natural remedies. Let us take a look at some highly effective home remedies for treating the following skin problems.
How to Get Rid of Skin Tags
Skin tags are harmless and painless skin growths. They are made of tissues of skin, fat and nerve cells on creases and folds of skin. Most people resort to invasive methods to get rid of skin tags but there are some natural remedies that help get rid of skin tags without any pain or scarring.
- Baking soda: Mix baking soda and castor oil to make a paste and apply this paste on the skin tags. Repeat this until it sheds off and disappears from the skin.
- Iodine Solution: Apply iodine solution directly to the skin tag every day till it dries completely. This will result in the formation of the scab on the tag site and will lead to falling off the skin tag.
Home Remedies for Removal of Moles
A mole is a small circular mass of melanin that gets deposited on the skin’s surface. It mostly happens due to over release of melanin. Home remedies for removal of moles are:
- Garlic: Application of crushed garlic several times a day on a mole helps in its removal. Garlic works by scarring the mole tissue which leads to the formation of the scab on the mole which causes the mole to fall off.
- Banana Peel: Another way to get rid of moles is by placing a banana peel on the mole overnight for some weeks which causes the mole to fall off.
Treatment of BlackHeads
Blackheads are the most common skin condition that strikes teenagers and adults. What are blackheads and what are they made of. These are a mixture of dead skin cells and oils that accumulate inside the pores by solidifying and become acne. Most cases of blackheads can be treated with the following remedies.
- Baking Soda: Blackheads can be cured by using baking soda as it helps in soothing inflammation. To use it as a remedy for acne, make a paste of baking soda along with aloe vera gel. Apply this paste on the infected area and see your blackhead vanish within a course of a few days. For better outcome use it twice or thrice a day.
- Apple Cider vinegar: It is the most common home remedy to cure blackheads. Apple cider vinegar helps maintain the ph levels of skin and is helpful in controlling blackheads. Place a cotton ball dipped in this magical solution over the affected area once a day.
How to Get Rid of Warts
Warts are bumps on the skin that are believed to be caused by the human papillomavirus (HPV). Warts are benign skin growths with a rough texture. You can take help of following natural methods to get rid of warts.
- Aloe Vera: Aloe Vera has antifungal, anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties. It also works as the natural moisturizer, especially for dry skin. Aloe Vera contains malic acid which helps in removing warts and cures any redness and swelling.
- Orange peel: Rub the wart with the peel of an orange. The wart will change its color and finally drop off. Continue for two weeks to start seeing results.
- Honey: Honey contains many antioxidants that can help to clear warts and makes skin smooth and healthy.
How to Get Rid of Rosacea
Rosacea refers to a problem where the blood vessels beneath the skin on face become enlarged and sometimes bleed causing the skin on the face to appear red with lesions resembling acne.
- Green Tea: Make a cup of green tea and place it in the freezer for an hour. Dip a cotton ball in the tea liquid and apply on the affected area. This will help in constricting blood vessels and heal any inflammation on your face.
- Cucumber: Cucumber is an excellent cure for rosacea. Placing cucumber slices on the affected area helps in managing swollen blood vessels. It also helps clear lesions on the skin.
How to Get Rid of Stretch Marks
Stretch marks are caused due to pregnancy or sudden weight gain. These marks are commonly seen on the waist, thighs, hips, breasts, and arms.
- Coconut oil: Coconut oil helps in preventing overstretching of skin which is the leading cause of stretch marks. It helps to deal with roughness on the skin and makes it smooth by repairing the damaged tissues.
b. Gelatin: Applying gelatin mask on the areas of stretch marks helps in combating damaged skin. The collagen in gelatin helps in firming the loosened skin and reduces the appearance of stretch marks.