If you are conducting home repairs in the bathroom of your home, it is important to know how to choose a replacement bathtub. There are many different types of bathtubs on the market, and several different styles. Selecting the right model for your bathroom may prove to be a challenging task. It is absolutely essential that you take the time to ensure that the decision you make as far as a purchase is an appropriate one. In this how-to shopping guide, I will outline several steps that can be used when selecting a replacement bathtub for your home.
1. The first step to choosing a replacement bathtub is considering the actual placement of the product. Which bath area will the unit be placed in? Is it going into a child’s bathroom or an adult bathroom? Is it the bathroom you designate for guests or in the master suite? By knowing which area the unit will be placed, you will be able to decide which type that you want installed in the room. For example, many adults that share a master suite in the home may benefit from having a whirlpool unit that is appropriate for two people to use at once.
2. The next step to choosing a replacement bathtub is to take a look at your flooring. It is important to understand that the structure must not only support the weight of the tub, but it must also support your weight and the weight of the water that is placed in the bathtub. If you feel as if your floor cannot support an immense level of weight, it may be appropriate to avoid bathtubs that are composed mostly of cast iron or porcelain.
3. Now it is time to consider the capacity of the bathtub. You most likely already have a hot water heater that processes a certain amount of hot water at a time. Will the hot water unit that you have installed in your home support the amount of hot water that will be required to fill the bathtub? If it will not you will have a choice to make you will either need to select a different replacement bathtub or you will need to update the hot water supply unit that you have installed in the home.
4. When purchasing a replacement bathtub, it is a good idea to consider the general layout of the bathroom that the product will be installed in. There are specially designed bathtubs that may be placed in corners, those that may be placed in the center of the room and similar varieties. By knowing the space that you have and the general layout, you may choose a model that is appropriate for your needs.
5. The next step to choosing a replacement bathtub is deciding if you want a high maintenance unit or if you want a unit that does not require much maintenance. Whirlpool bathtubs, for example, often require a high level of maintenance.
If you follow these tips when shopping for a replacement bathtub, you are sure to come home with a unit that will be productive for your needs.
Cleaning Bathtub Tips that Make it Easy
Cleaning the bathtub isn’t one of the most exciting chores around your home, but it is important that you keep your bathtub nice and clean. No one wants to climb in a bathtub that is grimy and dirty. The good news is that it doesn’t have to be that difficult to clean your tub. With some simple and easy cleaning bathtub tips, you can have your bathtub clean in no time at all.
Think about What You’re Wearing
First of all, think about what you’re wearing. There’s a good chance you’ll get water or maybe even some cleaners on you while cleaning the tub. Make sure you are wearing something that you don’t mind getting dirty or stained. Don’t wear something nice when doing this task or you may ruin what you’re wearing.
Put On Some Gloves
It’s a good idea to put on some gloves when you are going to go about cleaning bathtub and other parts of your bathroom. This keeps your hands protected from the harsh cleaners. Then when you’re done, simply strip of the gloves and your hands won’t feel irritated and nasty.
Remove Everything from the Tub
One of the important cleaning bathtub tips to remember is to remove everything from the tub. You probably have razors, shampoos, soaps, conditioners, loofahs, and more in the tub. Take all that stuff out so you can clean every part of the tub. It will make it easier for you too. It’s a good idea to clean the bottles while they are out as well. Why put them back all gooey in your nice clean tub. Clean them, and then when you are done, you can put everything back in its place.
Use a Good Cleaner and Let the Tub Sit
Use a good cleaner, either a spray or a powdered cleaner, and make sure you coat everything in the tub with the spray. If you are using the powdered cleaners, wet the tub first. Make sure you spread the cleaner around if it doesn’t get the entire tub. Then one of the best cleaning bathtub tips to follow is to let the tub just sit. Don’t try to scrub right away. Allow the cleaner to sit on the tub surface for several minutes. You can clean something else in the bathroom while you are doing this. Letting the cleaner sit allows it to work on removing grime and soap scum so you don’t have to scrub as hard.
Scrub and Rinse
Another of the important cleaning bathtub tips is to scrub and rinse. After the cleaner has sat on the tub awhile, then work on scrubbing away the scum and grime on the tub. It won’t be that difficult now. Once you are done, make sure that you rinse out the entire tub very well. You’ll want to make sure that all the cleaners are rinsed away so you don’t get it on your skin later if you get in the tub.
These are just a few simple cleaning bathtub tips that can make it a whole lot easier for you. Cleaning the tub doesn’t have to be a huge task you avoid all the time. It’s easier than you think, especially if you use these tips.